Thursday, January 17, 2008

NO!


Me: Mom, what should I name Camden? This is such a weird request.

Mom: Its important to her. I like Camden Walker.

Me: WHAT??!!!

Mom: I think it sounds nice.

Me: Do you want your grandson to have a name resembling Walker Texas Ranger?!

Mom: Oh..................NO! What was I thinking?

Me: Yeah....but think of how much fun we'd have making fun of it.

Mom (still in shock): Heavens to Betsy! What was I thinking?!


I think she'll recover, although when I pointed out that Georgie's was Walker she again went into shock.

(Note: My mother doesn't "do" blogs. If she did she would have clearly seen my post where I made fun of this name. Tsk, Tsk)

6 comments:

Litigious Mind said...

I'm embarrassed to admit that I kind of like Walker.

Idaho Gal said...

My mother is still firm on the name too, even though she is still experiencing shock.

Netter said...

Walker reminds me of a last name but then again, that really doesn't bother me. My Neices is named Rue Carrington (first and middle names). I keep saying she's going to act like an old lady who is a drama queen. (Golden Girls and Day Time Soap Opera wisecrack) My Sister does not appove of my humor. I'm getting tired of being the only one that thinks I'm funny.

Idaho Gal said...

Ha! Thats a laugh! That is one of the reasons why I don't like Walker, because its also a last name, and not one related in any way to my family.

Unknown said...

OT: I don't like boys names on girls - i always think of actress Evan Rachel Wood who has to use her middle name professionally so people know she's a woman.

Anonymous said...

I will admit that sometimes you have to ask, uncomfortably, so is your child a boy or a girl? Even Camden seems unisex.