Friday, January 4, 2008

The Course(s)

I started my online LSAT course yesterday. The instructor is most definitely younger than me and has already sent me IMs by mistake that are questionable. I now want to ask about "her pen thing" and feel like I can since it was his mistake. You can't just send a person an oddball message and think they'll forget about it. I want closure!
So, yep, I'm not sure if law school would be right for me but its seems logical considering my Master's thesis contains constitutional law...we'll see. The course has an interesting way of making me feel like a complete douchebag. For one, I wasn't a political science major and its all the rage in our class chat room! Thus, I've been kicked to my regular Star Wars geek corner. I'm also not keen on talking up practice LSAT scores or listening to our instructor talk about not studying at all and scoring a 172 and not going to law school. Uhh.....dude....I was kind of hoping you could give me some pointers...things that may or may not have worked for you...gee.....thanks.

Farmer Ted is busy pulling together lectures for the two Econ courses we're teaching this semester. We are currently debating the issue of powerpoint lectures. I say yes for the 101 course but no for the 500-MBA course. I feel that if you're an MBA student you should be able to effectively take notes, listen to the lecture and not have everything handed to you with a bow. Farmer Ted feels like powerpoint would benefit us better. Maybe I'm just remembering the intensity of my grad courses and wanting others to feel my pain...who knows.

I'm just not looking forward to LSAT---Microeconomics---literature review---law school applications. Anyone know how to subtly write a personal statement that mentions your thesis in adult entertainment business laws and the First Amendment?

No comments: