Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Movie Time

Having recuperated from being poisoned by hippies or rednecks (we're not quite sure) we had some netflixs to catch up on. We loooovvvveee Netflix. My nerd moment of the day involved calculating the precise cost each movie we had sent to us last year. It averaged out to be approximately $1.17. And for that price you can get movies, watch them for ten minutes and decide to send them back. My time is worth more than a buck seventeen!

This is exactly what we did last night. In went Running with Scissors and out it came after twelve minutes. In went The Science of Sleep and out it came after ten minutes. The hotness of Gabriel Garcia Marquez couldn't cut it this time.

The third movie we actually had to view since I had to write a movie review of it in order to get a letter of recommendation. Farmer Ted couldn't stop laughing when he realized that I actually had to write an essay of my thoughts regarding Barry Levinson's The Diner and Tin Men. So I compared and contrasted, threw in some lines and even a reference to the great Ingmar Bergman, it was easy-peasy. Overall these two are worth watching as they remind me of times spent at Rico's where all we had was cups of coffee, Scrabble and good conversation. I also now have a "test" to pass, only it involves baseball instead of football in which case my thesis chair pointed out that it was probably better that way since football would be too easy for me. Great....

No comments: