Friday, February 22, 2008

FF: 180

Appetizer

Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim?

The earliest one I can remember was dragging a dead cat into a girl's yard for some prank. All I can remember is the cat part. I was in the 4th grade with my friend Denise and the victim was Elizabeth, a girl who drove us crazy. In general, my family is known for practical jokes. Whether it be switching the fortune cookies for ones that have dirty messages or sending traveling missionaries to your home we've done it or thought about it.

Soup

What do your salt and pepper shakers look like?

HA! I'm the proud owner of my grandmother's Depression era salt and paper shaker collection! I think I have close to 200 sets of shakers that will shake no more. I have several nice outhouse sets, along with chickens, priests, skulls, and A-bombs.

Salad

Where is the next place you plan to visit (on vacation or business)?

Vegas. Need sun and all you can eat buffets.

Main Course

What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry?

Aveda Hand Repair. Its a little oily but it feels lovely. My hairdresser gave it to me. I also love Bliss hand cream--its not as oily and feels heavenly.

Dessert

Make up a dessert, tell us its ingredients, and give it a name.

This one is real, Burnt Sugar Cake. My great-aunt was famous for it. One would go for 200 smacks at her church auction, a cake! It sounds odd but the way she made it was so fabulous. It was easily my favorite dessert.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the Aveda Hand Relief a lot. It doesn't feel so greasy to me, but then again my hands are always really dry.

Nice feast. Hope you get the sun and all you can eat buffets sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

You must treasure your grandmother's salt and pepper collection! I love dishes of all kinds.

Your dessert brought back fond memories. My mom and grandma used to make a cake with burnt sugar icing. I've tried to make the icing and it never tastes the same.

Anonymous said...

If you have a digital camers, take some pics of the salt and pepper collection. I would love to see them.