Thursday, February 7, 2008

But, Enough About Books

This week's BTT:

Okay, even I can’t read ALL the time, so I’m guessing that you folks might voluntarily shut the covers from time to time as well… What else do you do with your leisure to pass the time? Walk the dog? Knit? Run marathons? Construct grandfather clocks? Collect eggshells?

Well, in the spring and summer I'm gardening which reminds me I need to soak my sweet pea seeds before next week. I usually have a diverse garden with several varieties of tomatoes and herbs. I also help Farmer Ted with his two econ classes while watching movies. Last night we began another silly season of Curb Your Enthusiasm--I love that show! We walk our two dogs--Hayek and Keynes frequently. We catch up with friends over the weekends either through basketball or beer or both. Reading has always been our hobby so any other hobby we may have is not standing out at the moment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to garden, too--forgot to put that in my post! We're doing mostly perennials and herbs these days. I can't get away from reading even in the garden--I read seed catalogs and gardening books!

BTW, I like your blog name--I grew up in Central Oregon (though I live in the Midwest now)and have been in Idaho many times.

Idaho Gal said...

Thanks Jan! I have a large collection of gardening books including a new book just on tulips that I'm looking forward to reading soon.

Anonymous said...

I grow mostly daffodils here--the deer, squirrels and other critters eat the tulips!

karen! said...

This week's BTT question was really fun. It's interesting to see what everyone likes doing with the rest of their free time.

I can't wait until I move into a place where I can actually garden.