Thursday, February 7, 2008

Election Etiquette

I'm like Litigious Mind, I don't want to hear about your visits from Aunt Flo. In addition, I also don't want to hear about your candidate of choice, or have you try to "scare me [insert candidate here]." I was taught that voting, like Aunt Flo, is a private affair. I don't have to share with you the nitty gritty details and please spare me yours. I am becoming exhausted by all the Obama support in Boise, all the caucus talk about voting for Obama and being judged for not participating in the caucus. There is nothing wrong with abstaining due to not having made a candidate choice yet. In fact some would argue this is a rational choice. There is just a part of me that seriously wonders how many people in Boise would've attended the caucus had Obama not been here within the last week. And when facing these individuals I find it difficult to bring that into the conversation. I think its a valid observation.

So dear co-workers please stop pestering me about my perceived lack of voting participation. Have some etiquette, respect my privacy when it comes to voting. And understand that I really don't want to hear your candidate opinions. They aren't going to sway a woman as stubborn as I. And I may open up about my candidate choice if or when I come to a conclusion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are dems in Idaho?