Sunday, May 18, 2008

Marriage and Laziness

I've received two proposals in my life thus far both by men I dearly loved and still think of often. I'm telling you this because I am at the point in my relationship with Farmer Ted where we THINK we should get married but neither of us are all that interested in the hoo-haa that comes with actually signing something that says HEY, YOU'RE MARRIED!

As we prepare for our next adventure to Vegas we have a zillion things to do and for some reason we've decided that marriage isn't one of them. Crazy, but we are just too lazy to get married with all the other crap in front of us. I'm fine with this because as I've said, I've already had not one, but two proposals (obviously those engagements ended). Maybe it's better this way because Farmer Ted and I can just be that couple that will never marry to our friends. Someone has to be that couple and we play the role extremely well.

Besides, I love my name!

1 comment:

(M)ary said...

i am a confirmed bachelor chick at 41. if i ever got married it would be hard to give up my name.
at least you have Farmer Ted. i am too lazy to find a boyfriend let alone think about getting married.