Thursday, May 22, 2008

Blast from the Past #4

As promised, this is a letter from my brother during his incarceration. It's dated 5/15/03. I sent him a lot of mail so that he would have something to look forward to. Mostly they were silly cards. He was transferred frequently so I always heard about the new place. I suppose crowding in prisons will do this to some.



Dear folks,

How is it going for you folks? I am doing well. I no longer have a job, and am waiting to get into school. This place is different from any other institution. We don't have movement every hour like every other place. We have to share our gym and yard. So it makes it difficult to get into a routine. So I found myself playing a lot of cards and watching some pretty dumb TV shows. My cellie doesn't shower and he doesn't ever leave the room. He follows me like a lost puppy dog. It gets pretty bothersome. I have learned to have patience. Without those I would be in all sorts of trouble. I am on a softball team. The league starts in a couple of weeks. The living conditions are alot different from the movie. There are no open barred cells. Those are in the K units. Here we have a solid door with keys it seems pretty laid back. I have sent you some visiting forms you must fill them out and return them for an approval before you can visit. If you choose to visit be prepared to get searched. I don't have a big selection of classes to choose from so I take what I can get sorry I haven't wrote in awhile. I am just getting settled I miss you guys, and enjoy the cards.

Love you,

M

No comments: