Wednesday, May 14, 2008

1001

Lately I've been catching up on my Google Reader which is so, so awesome! Today I came across 1001 books and movies I supposedly should read/see before I die. This is in tune with the 1001 places I should visit before I die and makes me wonder if I should attempt the three in unison. Most likely not.

Here are the books I've read from the said list:

  • The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – Mark Haddon
  • The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver
  • The God of Small Things – Arundhati Roy
  • Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden
  • Silk – Alessandro Baricco
  • The Passion – Jeanette Winterson
  • Beloved – Toni Morrison
  • To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
  • Tess of the D’Urbervilles – Thomas Hardy
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain
  • Little Women – Louisa May Alcott
  • Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
  • Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen

I'm surprised at so few, but then again I enjoy more non-fiction and memoirs than fiction. I saw a lot of Jeanette Winterson on there. She is one of my favorite authors; I just haven't read all her books. There were several books on there that I own, just haven't gotten around to reading them yet. I have The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles, Bleak House, All Quiet on the Western Front and The Woman in White on my night stand. There just hasn't been enough hours in the day lately.

No comments: