Thursday, April 24, 2008

A busy and bad day

I've been busy. Really busy. We have decided to move to Las Vegas so I can attend law school. We've decided that we should probably get married. We've decided that we have no time for anything anymore. I'm sitting here reflecting on my day, my week, my last ten minutes listening to Flogging Molly's Float and reading the wise words of my favorite 8 year old.

My bad day? I am tired of spoiled brats. And when you work at a private school you see more than enough. I'm tired of the parent notes to get out of P.E. when their children are the ones who would benefit most from it. I'm tired of the spoiled brat complaining that she is not getting enough attention from me. I'm tired of remaining calm, composed and patient. The good news is I have less than a month left!

And those wise words from the 8 year old could not have come at a more perfect time.

If the hill is on fire go to safety.
No one can climb a tree with candy in your hands.
The man who is not hungry says maybe later.
Remember the time of the dinosaurs.
He who plows gets snow out of the way.
If you travel with wisdom, you will find great stuff will happen.

--L.G.

No comments: