Thursday, July 3, 2008

BTT: Holidays

It’s a holiday weekend here in the U.S., so let’s keep today’s question simple–What are you reading? Anything special? Any particularly juicy summer reading?


In preparation for law school I'm reading The Brethren by Bob Woodward and A Civil Action by Jonathan Harr. I'm almost finished with the Brethren which discusses the Supreme Court from 1969-1975. I would recommend it to anyone interested in the Supreme Court. Along with interesting cases (Watergate, Roe v. Wade), the personal aspects of the Justices make it an enjoyable read. I haven't started A Civil Action yet but I plan on reading it this weekend. It doesn't look like a difficult book. I'm not particularly fond of the idea of reading it but it has been on several pre-law school reading lists and I picked it up for a buck. My goal for the next week is to knock out some of this boring reading so I can get into something good. Any recommendations on what I should read?



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on law school. Where are you going? I graduated from law school last year and practice now. This counts as a "boring," law school prep book, but The Nine by Jeffrey Toobin is excellent.

Julia said...

Good luck on your law schooling and I don't have a good recommendation for law stuff - but I really wish you luck on getting through your reading :)

Happy BTT and 4th of July! Have a good weekend ahead

jane said...

i just read two terrific books - one called people of the book by geraldine brooks a novel about the sarajevo haggadah - very compelling reading. the other is loving frank by nancy horan - a novel about a real life love affair between farnk lloyd wrighta nd a thoroughly extraordinary woman named mamah borthwick. really good stuff!

happy reading,
jane